About City & Guilds
TMUC is an approved center to offer City & Guilds Engineering Level 7 qualifications in Civil engineering. City & Guilds is the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications, offering over 500 awards across a wide range of industries, and progressing from entry level to the highest levels of professional achievement. With over 8500 centres in 100 countries, City & Guilds is recognised by employers worldwide for providing qualifications that offer proof of the skills they need to get the job done.
City & Guilds Group
The City & Guilds Group includes City & Guilds, ILM (the Institute of Leadership and Management, which provides management qualifications, learning materials and membership services), City & Guilds NPTC (which offers land-based qualifications and membership services), City & Guilds HAB (the Hospitality Awarding Body), and City & Guilds Centre for Skills Development. City & Guilds also manages the Engineering Council Examinations on behalf of the Engineering Council.
City & Guilds – Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering
The Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Engineering is set at the standard of the final (fourth) year of a British MEng degree course. It is advised that the Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Engineering consist of 1500 Notional Hours (total learning hours including the Guided Learning Hours and self-study/research).
The Graduate and Post Graduate Diplomas in Engineering have been developed for those undergoing training or employed in Civil Engineering. The qualification aims to reflect the international nature of the knowledge and skills and activities needed for different countries or cultures.
Flexible alternative route to career success as a professional engineer
These qualifications provide a flexible and alternative method of satisfying the academic requirements of professional institutions or continued professional development (CPD) for learners already in employment, or those looking to change their career who did not have an opportunity (or chose not to) gain an accredited degree.
Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering
To achieve the Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering candidates must successfully complete two ”Mandatory” plus three “Pathway Mandatory” and any three “Optional” units.
- Engineering Analysis
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Computational Mechanics Using Finite Element Method
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Built Environment – 1
- Structural Design
- Fluid Mechanics and Coastal Engineering
- Built Environment – 2
- Structural Analysis
- Quality and Reliability Engineering
- Project – 2
Summary of the Units
General Compulsory = 2 Units (Including a Project Unit: 229)
Field Compulsory = 3 Units
Optional = 3 Units
TOTAL = (7 Theory Units and a Project)
- Dated Entry / Written Exam.
- Project work to be carried out throughout the course.
- Practical Assignments / Assessments.
- Exam Entry: December
Post Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Level 7)
- City & Guilds Graduate Diploma (Level 6) completed in the relevant technology.
- E/B.S (Engineering), B.S Technology completed in 4 years after Intermediate / F.Sc / A-Level.
- B-Tech (Hons).
- BS-Technology /B.Sc. Technology.
Why choose these qualifications?
- They have been designed to meet the UK-SPEC requirements and to be recognised by the UK professional engineering institutions
- Registration as a professional engineer is the assurance that a person has received education and training which meets the UK and international professional standards
- Possession of specialist qualifications is often regarded by employers as an advantage when applying for employment
- It is a sign of commitment to a code of professional conduct and ensures the achievement of best practice
- Universities, upon application, may accept the Graduate Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma as entry into MSc programmes
- They can be used as a progression route by holders of certain City & Guilds IVQs and other comparable qualifications
- Learners can study at their own pace with a choice of subjects according to their own expertise and intended future direction
- The modular system parallels the systems used in most universities
- There is no academic penalty applied by City & Guilds for repeating a paper
- Learners can incorporate studies into their lifelong learning plan (Continuous Professional Development – CPD)
- Holders of IEng or CEng may apply for the City & Guilds senior Awards of LCGI, CGCI and MCGI.
- International recognition – City & Guilds qualifications are widely accepted around the world as a benchmark for workplace excellence.
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Dedicated Course Trainer