COURSE OVER VIEW
The HNC/HND in Fashion and Textiles is a two year qualification designed to equip you with a wide range of creative and technical skills which will allow you to work as a fashion or textile designer within the industry. Studying fashion in TMUC will allow you to utilize the wonderful cultural facilities to inspire and develop your work. This course is the natural progression from the HNC Fashion and Textiles and enables further development and exploration of your studies to top-up your achievement to HND level. This exciting and comprehensive 16 unit course will prepare you for a career in the fashion and textiles industry. Throughout the course you will gain realistic ‘industrial’ level experience in order to prepare you for the workplace.
Fashion designers generally work in three different areas: ‘haute couture’, designer ready-to-wear and high-street fashion. Within these areas, they will often specialize further, for example in men’s, children’s or sportswear. The course will provide opportunities to develop your personal vision and ideas and explore areas of specific interest to you. It will also encourage you to develop your creative skills. On completion of the course you will be well-versed in the many aspects of fashion design, textile design and production. These skills will be complemented by an understanding of the historical, social, political and, economic influences on fashion design and, a sound knowledge of business and marketing principles to ensure a broad understanding of the industry and its organization.
The course offers a broad experience for fashion illustration and design including projects set by associates from industry. Pattern construction, garment production and textile embellishment all play an important part of the course. You will be encouraged to enter prestigious competitions, to gain placements and employment in the industry, encouraged to progress and establish your own label or to continue to develop your skills to degree level. All students have the opportunity of taking part in a fashion show or high profile fashion shoot. Fashion students also have the opportunity to participate in exhibiting at Clothes Show Live event at TMUC GEW week.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
The course is for students with some previous academic experience or personal interest in art and design who have the ambition to further develop a professional fashion textile focus with in their work. The programme will allow you to experience and develop your knowledge of the fashion textile design process within the context of a professional studio setting.
The HNC first year of the programme delivers all the essential skills you will need to have to work successfully in the world of Fashion/Textiles. You will learn essential research, design and making skills within the context of a professional work environment. It is not essential to come to the course with these skills but just a passion to learn and develop yourself and come out of your comfort zone.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE
Advantages of taking a fashion course at TMUC.
- Exciting and challenging practical project briefs, with a strong taught technical skill base.
- Study in one of the largest Transnational Institute in Pakistan.
- Practical career focused programmes with integrated work experience
- Industry standard fashion studios
- Live industry briefs and visiting lecturer
- Highly experienced course tutors with strong industry experience
- Machine and hand embroidery
- Screen printing for both fashion and interiors
- Fabric manipulation and surface decoration skills
- Drawing and media exploration in relation to design
- Design development
- Garment and accessory design and production
- Knitted and woven textiles
- Sketch book development and exploration
- Digital imaging and its application in design
- Creative research and its context in design
- Live industry awareness projects in collaboration with high profile companies.
Throughout the course you will be encouraged and guided to develop your own practice by combining practical skills, drawing and design development and the awareness of its application within the creative industries. You will learn a broad range of skills which will be applicable to a variety of creative career pathways.
FASHION INCUBATION CENTRE
TMUC (Best University for Fashion Designing in Pakistan) Fashion Incubation Centre is a fashion business development program designed to support the next generation of fashion entrepreneurs in Pakistan graduating from TMUC. The mission is to help grow and sustain the businesses of the students studying Fashion and Textile Programme over the course of the two years.
TMUC Fashion Incubation Centre will provide a creative professional environment to foster promising fashion talent, and help Learners grow and sustain their businesses. By offering free design studio space, business mentoring, educational seminars, and networking opportunities the program provides a way for participants to reach their full potential and become an integral part of the Pakistan fashion community. For more information on upcoming Fashion displays, Fashion shout outs and Fashion Parades.
For booking Fashion Studio contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to study fashion and textile with an eminence on artistic and practical aspects of designs and garments in the fashion and textiles industry we recommend you select the following units.
- Visual communication in Art & Design
- Ideas Generation& Development in Art & Design
- Contextual & Cultural Referencing in Art & Design
- Professional Practice in Art & Design
- Project Design, implementation & Evaluation
HND SPECIALIST UNITS
- Design Exploration in textile
- Design application in textile
- Techniques and processes in fashion
- Drawing techniques and process A & D
- Cultural understanding in fashion
- Communication with images in art and design
- Production techniques in fashion designing
HND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT UNITS
- Digital image creation and development
- Fashion promotion and marketing
- Fashion photography
- Personal and professional development
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Dedicated Course Trainer