Most accounting qualifications train people for private practice, working on external audit and tax issues. CIMA prepares people for a career in business. It teaches skills for strategic advice, managing risk and making key decisions.
Our syllabus is designed to deliver a strong understanding of all aspects of business so our members can contribute in many areas of an organisation.
What is Management Accounting?
Management accounting combines accounting, finance and management with the leading edge techniques needed to drive successful businesses.
Chartered management accountants:
- Advisemanagers about the financial implications of projects.
- Explainthe financial consequences of business decisions.
- Formulatebusiness strategy.
- Monitorspending and financial control.
- Conductinternal business audits.
- Explainthe impact of the competitive landscape.
- Bringa high level of professionalism and integrity to business.
The Management Accounting skill set
CIMA members are qualified to work across an organisation, not just in finance. In addition to strong accounting fundamentals, CIMA teaches strategic business and management skills:
- Analysis– they analyse information and using it to make business decisions.
- Strategy– they formulate business strategy to create wealth and shareholder value.
- Risk– they identify and manage risk.
- Planning– they apply accounting techniques to plan and budget.
- Communication– they determine what information management needs and explain the numbers to non-financial managers.
CIMA is the world’s largest and leading professional body of management accountants. Our mission is to help people and businesses to succeed in the public and private sectors.
We have more than 227,000 members and students in 179 countries. They work at the heart of business in industry, commerce and not for profit organisations. We have strong relationships with employers, and sponsor leading research.
We constantly update our qualification, professional experience requirements and CPD programme. This ensures that our members and students are first choice for employers who are recruiting financially trained business leaders.
We are committed to upholding the highest ethical and professional standards, and to maintaining public confidence in management accounting.
How to start CIMA
Anyone can study CIMA, whether you’re new to business and accounting or already have some experience. The only requirements are competence in mathematics and the English language.
CIMA 2015 Qualification Structure
CIMA Certificate Level
- C01 Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- C02 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- C03 Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- C04 Fundamentals of Business Economics
- C05 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance & Business Law
CIMA Operational Level
- E1 Organisational Management
- P1 Management Accounting
- F1 Financial Reporting and Taxation
- Operational Case Study Exam
CIMA Management Level
- E2 Project and Relationship Management
- P2 Advanced Management Accounting
- F2 Advanced Financial Reporting
- Management Case Study Exam
CIMA Strategic Level
- E3 Strategic Management
- P3 Risk Management
- F3 Financial Strategy
- Strategic Case Study Exam
Certificate in Business Accounting exams
Certificate level exams are computer based and are on demand – they can be taken all year. The Certificate level syllabus comprises of five subjects with one exam for each subject and all five exams must be passed to complete the level. The five exams can be taken in any order.
Professional Qualification exams
The Professional qualification is made up of two types of computer based assessments:
- 90 minute objective tests for each of the three subjects within each level – these are on demand and can be taken all year.
- A three-hour case study when you have completed all objective tests and want to progress to the next level – these are available in four windows a year.
Examinations are taken in Pearson Vue assessed exam centres.
The college has a well-stocked library with a range of essential textbooks & well-equipped computer laboratory. Students have access to internet facilities.
How to apply
Please contact TMUC regarding CIMA classes.
To register with CIMA please contact CIMA local offices.
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Dedicated Course Trainer